Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who is Marnie?

     Since my name is not Marnie, I am often asked where the name, "Marnie's Creations" came from.  In 2006, before the birth of my daughter's first son, we started discussing what my new grandchild would call me.  We had a Grandma (my mother-in-law), a Mama (my grandmother),  a Grandmother (my mother) and a Nana (my former horrible mother-in-law).  I felt too young to be a "Granny" or any of the other common names for grandmothers, so I went to the internet and Googled "Alternate names for Grandmothers."  I am Scotch-Irish and I am very proud of my Irish heritage.  When I saw the name, "Marnie" that the listing said, "Irish term for a grandmother" I knew that was what I wanted to be called. When I first started my business, I was doing more crochet and knitting than photography.  I was creating dolls, toys, hats, scarves, and other items so I decided that "Marnie's Creations" was a good title since I was Marnie and I was creating things.  Now that my main focus is my photography, I still consider myself a creator.  I am now a creator of fine art photography.  
     Now that you know why my name is Scottye and not Marnie, I promise my next blog will not be as boring as I am sure this has been.  Stay with me and I promise better things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment